Navigation Menu

UFC 199 Recap


Wild night of fights last night people! 3 of the 5 fights on the main card ended in KO. One champ retains his belt. Another champ looses his. So once again here were my picks for UFC 199..

Luke Rockhold (c) vs. Michael Bisping [X]
Dominick Cruz (c) vs. Urijah Faber
Max Holloway vs. Ricardo Lamas
Dan Henderson vs. Hector Lombard [X]
Dustin Poirier vs. Bobby Green

On this fight card I got 3 out of 5 picks right. Luke loosing his title and Bisping becoming the new champion was the upset of the night. When Luke hit that canvas my heart sank. I wonder what his level of cockiness is going to be like now. Just for the record I really like Rockhold. I think he's an elite athlete and I want to see him take back the middle weight title.

The fight that had me on edge the entire fight was Cruz vs Faber. I was 100% behind Dom on this one. Dom is said to be an unorthodox fighter and he really is. There is no telling what he is going to throw next. Every time Joe Rogan mentioned a previous injury Dom had or pointed out that he was "taking really deep breaths" gave me anxiety. I highly admire the story of Dominick Cruz. He too is an elite athlete on top of the fight game. I look forward to watching more of his fights. 

One last thing, there were some big announcements made last night regarding UFC 202 and apparently Ariel Helwani is banned for life from the UFC. I don't know the entire story of what happened and why but we'll see how that plays out. 

Till next time fight fans. 


Cheers, 
       Whiskey 
Powered by Blogger.